Morse Coffin, a St. Vrain Valley pioneer, first homesteaded the Sandstone Ranch site in 1860. Coffin came to the St. Vrain Valley when he was 22 in 1859, from Boon's County, Illinois as part of the Gold Rush. He built the house that currently stands on the site in the early 1880s. The house has been added to over the years, but the original structure still remains. Coffin also founded the first rural public school with David Irwin and Robert Hauck. The house (current Visitors Center) and property are on State and National Historic Registers. Longmont also designated the house as a local landmark in September 2000.
The Broom Room
The broom Room where prisoners made brooms is located in the Wyoming Territorial Prison in Laramie Wyoming. The prison was constructed in 1872, running as a Territorial Prison until 1890 when Wyoming became a state. In 1890, the facility was reorganized as the Wyoming State Penitentiary. For 30 years, the building held notorious outlaws like Butch Cassidy, Dan Parker, Clark “the Kid” Pelton, and Ellijah Canary. Over 1,000 men and 12 women of various nationalities, religious backgrounds and occupations passed through the iron grate doors.
Room With A View
The warden's house in the Wyoming Territorial Prison featured this window with ornate curtains and bird cages.
The prison was constructed in 1872running as a territorial prison until 1890 when wyoming became a state. in 1890the facility was reorganized as the wyoming state penitentiary. for 30 yearsthe building held notorious outlaws like butch cassidydan parkerclark the kid peltonand ellijah canary. over 1000 men and 12 women of various nationalitiesreligious backgrounds and occupations passed through the iron grate doors
DL&G No. 191 is the oldest steam locomotive in Colorado. Built by Baldwin Locomotive Works of Philadelphia in early 1880, this engine moved gold and silver ore, coal, timber and merchandise between Denver and many mountain communities in central and southwestern Colorado.
FIFI, Boeing B-29A-60-BN Superfortress, s/n 44-62070, civil registration N529B, is one of only a few surviving in existence and the only one currently flying as of June 2014. It is owned by the Commemorative Air Force, currently based at Midland, Texas. FIFI tours the U.S.A. and Canada, taking part in air shows and offering flight experiences.